February 22, 2021
In my own personal experience, whether getting a facial or encountering a retail person in a store, I have felt the discomfort that comes from unwanted sales pressure. It feels as if my previous product purchases are being judged or my appearance has been insulted, or I’m being sold a product I don’t need and don’t understand.
As a result of these encounters I know there is a need for something different than the traditional skincare consultation. My clients want more guidance, more specific personalized recommendations, and more accountability to improve their habits.
When I became an esthetician 14 years ago, I vowed to “do no harm” by never:
- Insulting your choices
- Judging you or your products
- Pressuring you to buy something you don’t need, want, or can afford.
- And never ever criticizing your appearance
Skincare can be overwhelming.
In our current world of social media influencers, skincare enthusiasts, medical professionals, beauty magazine editors, celebrities, and helpful friends, we are getting mixed messages about caring for our skin as well as confusion over best practices for product use.
As a licensed professional, my expertise is in my knowledge about The Skin. Your individual skin differs from all other individual skins, which is why a product that works amazingly for your friend may make you break out or have a reaction. Not everyone achieves success by using the same products (hence why there are so many different options). Finding the right product for you is key.
When needing advice for your particular concerns (skin or otherwise), it’s important to turn to an expert that you trust. I have utilized professionals from a variety of specialties.
I have hired:
- a career coach (actually I’ve hired a couple of career coaches)
- a therapist (I needed to gain some coping skills to overcome a constant state of anger and frustration)
- yoga instructors
- weight training & diet coaching
- work accountability partners
I created a program to help you get your skin to be youthful and glowing.
My experience has ranged from working with sensitive skins affected by acne and rosacea to dry, dehydrated skins with fine lines and pigmentation. These concerns affect all ethnicities and ages. Yet I have seen amazing results when the client has been provided a safe environment and judgment-free guidance for their home skincare routine.
My skincare coaching program has been designed to help people establish new habits and change how they think about skincare, (especially when complemented by regular facials). I create a daily skincare routine with specifically tailored results for products you already have. Whether you are a product minimalist or a skincare junkie, it may be challenging to sort out your own skincare products and create a successful skincare routine to achieve desired results.
My clients often tell me how overwhelmed they get with the different product offerings and at times use the product incorrectly or not at all. You have spent your hard-earned money on a product that is not being used. I saw the need for something different in the skincare world. So I created the Simply Skincare Coaching Program.
“Honestly, I can’t thank you enough for your help and guidance. Not only does my skin feel and look so much better… but like *mentally* it cannot be overstated how freeing it is to have someone with expertise to demystify the whole process. There is just too much information out there and every product line has its own angle and it’s just a paralysis of too much choice. Having a Roadmap means I have a script to follow and am not second-guessing myself by the day… or by the hour… LOL If someone had told me that something like good skin and skincare could be achieved with no in-person consultation and during a freaking pandemic… I mean, WOW… I would have told them to check their meds. LMAO”
Coaching is more than a consultation.
My coaching program is a unique virtual 1:1 program to support you in your quest to love and care for your skin. There are no “shoulds” or “have to-s” in this program. I designed the program to support you, by looking at your lifestyle, budget, and goals. Like a fitness coach but instead, we are working out your skin!
The best part is, my coaching methods, use the products you already own and love so no additional investment. Let’s make your life just a little bit easier and your skin just a lotta bit glowier.
Here are the steps of the program:
- You and I have a friendly, judgment-free consultation via video-chat about your skincare goals, current routine, and the products in your arsenal.
- I analyze the info provided by you and research the products you have to confirm they are benefiting your skin.
- I never tell you to throw anything out, (although I might ask you to use it up so we can replace it with something more beneficial).
- I create an easy-to-follow Roadmap that you can print out and tape to your bathroom mirror for guidance.
- I am your accountability partner, here to cheer you on with texts and emails in-between our video-chat sessions.
Because everyone’s skincare needs are different I offer 3 different tiered programs.
1. Skincare perfected: For the person that wants the full hands-on experience
- Initial Video Consultation Call
- 3 – Video Call Check-ins
- Action Plan – uses your existing products to achieve desired results
- Comprehensive Product Use Roadmap – how and when to use each product
- Product Recommendations (if needed)
2. Skincare Explained: For someone that wants a little less attention.
- Initial Video Consultation Call
- 1 – Intensive Video Call Check-in – making sure your skincare regime works for you, so you can continue independently
3. Skincare Roadmap: For someone that doesn’t need any oversight but wants a clear and concise manual for their routine using the products they already own.
- Product Audit: I will put ALL your products in order of use and give you a printable daily rotation guide.
I’m not telling you NOT to go shopping,
but I am saying maybe talk to me before you purchase.
I will not lead you astray.
My clients want and need guidance with their skincare routine but not the pressure to buy extra products. Whether you want help with your daily routine or just need me to look over your current arsenal I look forward to the opportunity to become your accountability partner to keep you on track until you are comfortable enough with the routine to do it on your own.
I developed the personalized Simply Skincare Coaching Program to help you in your quest to love and care for your skin. I know that my skincare coaching will be incredibly beneficial for someone who is struggling to see the results promised by their skincare products or their skincare routine.
DM for more info or click here: Simple Skincare Coaching. Mention reading this blog post and I will happily gift you a 20% discount on the program you choose.